What is a balanced diet??? – The million-dollar question! Everyone tells us a different story – The food & supplement industry tells us not to exercise daily and buy some magic pills. And our gym instructor tells us something extreme like ‘Train till you die!’ or ‘No pain, no gain.’ Moreover, all we need is a little common sense and some easy modifications to our daily lifestyle. The best weight loss diet plans need commitment and motivation. Having a perfect balanced diet can be one thing many of us would want to accomplish, though it is usually challenging. Moreover, a balanced diet involves correct choices of food items, which is essential to our current benefits.
Why Is A Healthy Balanced Diet Important?
The importance of a balanced diet is:
- Organs and tissues need proper nutrition to operate efficiently.
- Lack of nutrition causes disease, infection, weakness, and lower performance.
- Children with an improper diet affect growth, development, and inadequate academic performance with bad eating habits.
- It helps in reducing obesity and manage our body weights.
- The improper diet causes threatening diseases like heart disease, stroke, and cancer.
- Helps in improving our cholesterol levels and blood pressure
- It aids in managing our body weight
- It helps in controlling our blood sugar.
The Number Of Calories You Need Per Day
Calories help to measure the energy we are taking in in the form of the food we are eating. It also includes the calories present in drinks and beverages. You need to consume fewer calories when on a weight loss diet. Consume fewer calories than you can burn. This will help to create a deficiency in the body, leading to weight reduction. An adult requires around if 2,000 to 2,500 calories per day to maintain his current weight. However, the number of calories an individual needs depends on his natural height, activity level, age, muscle mass, and gender. Moreover, simple, accurate scientific calorie tables and calculators help us to evaluate our daily calorie needs.
How Should A Healthy Balanced Diet Look Like?
- Vegetables and fruits are rich in nutrients, including antioxidants, minerals, vitamins, and fiber. Moreover, we should have an adequate amount of fruits and green veggies.
- Cereals and Whole-grain foods like grain bread and crackers, brown rice, oatmeal, quinoa, and barley are rich in fiber, protein, and vitamin B. So, instead of processed grains like white bread and pasta, Whole-grain food should be used.
- Protein-rich foods like legumes, nuts, seeds, fortified soy beverage, fish, shellfish, eggs, lower-fat yogurts, etc. should be taken daily as this helps to develop and maintain bones.
- Healthy Fats and Oils like olive, canola oil, and oily ocean fish like tuna and salmon should be used in cooking or dressing salad. Moreover, nuts, almonds, walnuts, cashews, and flax seeds can be taken.
- Dairy and calcium products have calcium, vitamin D, and other vital nutrients.
- Water supports health and promotes hydration without adding calories to the diet. Moreover, sugary drinks lead to weight gain. It is preferred to eat fruits instead of drinking fruit juice.
Don’t Skip Meals
We should maintain a regular diet; whether it be three bigger meals or three smaller meals or a couple of snacks, it should never be skipped. Skipping meals is an unhealthy technique for weight-loss. Moreover, we should consume proper nutrition and a healthy balanced diet which provides lots of energy and keeps us healthy.