When it comes to healthy meals, salad is the first option that comes in the mind. There are various salad recipes that can be made using healthy fruits and vegetables. You can add on the health quotient by adding eggs, yogurt, or even nuts. Here are some ideas for easy healthy meals recommended by us. You can have these for lunch or dinner and fulfill your nutrition requirements.
Easy Healthy Meals Ideas
- 4 tomatoes – thinly sliced
- 2 onions – finely chopped and washed with saltwater and drained to remove the pungency.
- ½ cup of squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup of chopped parsley or cilantro
- 3 carrots – grated
- Begin by decorating your salad platter with onions and tomatoes.
- Next, spread cilantro or parsley on the decorated onions and tomatoes.
- Then add grated carrots on one side of the platter.
- Pour the squeezed lemon juice on all the contents uniformly.
- Ensure that you do not toss it else the arrangement will spoil.
- This salad dish can be enjoyed with pilau or nyamachoma.
Chicken Salad Tandoori
- 300g Chicken breast
- 500g Salad leaves
- 100g Carrot
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Mango
- 100g radish
- A bunch Parsley
- A bunch chive
- ½ Lemon juice
- 5 tablespoon Tandoori spice
- teaspoon oil
- 100g Yogurt
Instructions for the chicken preparation
- Begin by mixing the tandoori spice, oil, lemon juice, and yogurt together and leave it in the fridge for around 30 minutes.
- Now preheat the oven to 160 F (85 C) for 10 minutes.
- Put the chicken breast in the marinade kept in the fridge and place it in the oven for 45 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut carrots, avocado, mango, and radish in small pieces and mix them all together with salad leaves in a bowl.
- Also finely chop parsley and chive and mix it in the bowl.
- After 45 minutes, remove the chicken from the oven and tear it apart using 2 forks. See the video link below to do it right.
- Now mix the chicken pieces and the salad sauces in the bowl with vegetables.
Ingredients for salad sauce
- Teaspoon Mayonnaise
- Ts Mustard
- ½ Orange
Salade de Coeurs d’Artichauts à l’Orange
Artichokes are not only healthy for your body but they make an interesting ingredient owing to their unique flavor. This healthy salad with artichokes, oranges and radishes tastes divine and feels quite refreshing. Have a quick look at the preparation instructions. The recipe below serves 4.
- 4 Artichokes
- 4 oranges, peeled and de-skinned
- 6 radishes, finely sliced
- 1 lemon
- 12 kalamata
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Take a pan of boiling water and add the artichokes and cook them until barely tender for approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
- Also, squeeze half a lemon in the boiling water while cooking artichokes.
- Drain when done and keep aside to cool.
- Pull out the artichoke leaves and remove the fuzzy choke out of each artichoke.
- Next, slice them into ½ inch wedges and keep aside.
- Squeeze the other half of the lemon and keep ready.
- In a large bowl, add the peeled and sectioned oranges, after discarding the white pith and orange seeds.
- While serving, alternate the oranges and the artichoke wedges on a serving plate.
- Garnish the plates with radish slices,
- Mix the lemon juice with olive oil and drizzle over the salad.
- Sprinkle the mix with salt and paprika.