Savory snacks can be relished for main course when you have a gathering at home or when you do not want to cook a heavy meal. There are a plethora of snacks you can make depending upon your gluten or keto preference, low-carb, spicy or mild. These snacks are not sweet and are best enjoyed as appetizers or main course.
Chicken Scampi Pasta
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound chicken cutlets, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Boil a large pot of water for the pasta. Add generous amount of salt to the water.
- Heat a large skillet and add some oil.
- Add the chicken pieces into the skillet and brown it evenly. Remove this chicken on a plate when done.
- Pour butter in the skillet and add some garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook the garlic until golden.
- Next, add the vinegar and let it simmer. When reduced to half, keep aside.
- Cook the pasta until it is soft and drain when done. Preserve a cup of pasta water.
- Add this pasta and the water to the skillet along with the lemon zest, chicken and juice.
- Add the remaining butter and sprinkle grated cheese and parsley. Serve hot!
- 90g butter
- 2 medium, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic
- clove, crushed
- 500g mushrooms
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1l hot chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 tbsp single cream
- small handful flat-leaf parsley
- Heat butter in a saucepan and sauté onions and garlic until translucent.
- Now add the mushrooms and let them cook for 3 minutes on high flame.
- Sprinkle some flour and keep stirring to combine. Next add the chicken stock and let it boil.
- Next, add the bay leaf and simmer for some more time.
- Now remove the bay leaf and then blend this mixture in a food processor until smooth.
- Reheat the soup and add in the cream.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Sweet Corn Cutlets
Corn is power-packed with antioxidants which help in delaying the ageing process. The high Vitamin E content enhances skin health. This healthy ingredient can be tossed up into a delectable dish with no oil by baking it instead of deep frying.
Corn(fresh or frozen) – 1 cup
Chick Peas – 1 cup
Onion – 1 (chopped)
Ginger – 1″ piece (grated)
Red/Green chillies – 4-6 (chopped)
Fennel seeds – 1/4 tsp
Asaefoetida – a pinch
Salt – to taste
- Drain and coarsely grind pre-soaked chick peas in a blender without andding any water.
- Add chopped onions, corn, grated ginger, red chillies and all the other spices and mix well.
- Shape them into small cutlets and line them on a greased baking tray. Place it in the oven for 45 minutes at a temperature of 350 degree celcius.
- Serve with a mint dressing.
These are two easy quick healthy recipes you should try.