Bread is our first choice for breakfast. We accessorize it with various things like a glass of milk, fruit juice, tea or coffee, fresh fruits, scrambled eggs, bacon, and many more. We have various types of bread, like French bread or sandwich bread. But have you ever tasted the zucchini bread? What if you can start your day with the freshly made sesame zucchini loaves?
Perfectly moist and tasty, the mini loaves with sesame and zucchini will leave a subtle flavor in your mouth.
Recipe Of Sesame Zucchini Loaves
Preparation time – 20 minutes
Baking time – 40 minutes
Serving – 12
- Olive oil – 2/3 cup and some more for brushing the pan
- All-purpose flour – 2 cups
- Baking powder – 2 ½ tsp
- Kosher salt – 1 tsp
- Granulated sugar – ½ cup
- Packed brown sugar – ½ cup
- Lemon – 1, large
- Eggs – 2, large (they should be at room temperature at the time of using)
- Zucchini – 12 ounces, grated coarsely
- Walnuts – 1 cup, toasted first and then chopped
- White sesame seeds – 2 tbsp
- Butter – to serve with
How To Make Sesame Zucchini Loaves
- Take three small loaf pans, preferable of 3*6 inches. Coat each pan with olive oil properly. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a large bowl and add the flour along with the baking powder and a pinch of salt. Mix them well.
- Now in another bowl, add both white sugar as well as brown sugar. Tip the grated lemon zest and combine thoroughly with the sugar. If there is any clump of sugar, break them with your fingers.
- Next, break the eggs and add into the sugar one by one, Pour the olive oil and mix so well that you get a smooth batter. Mix the zucchini followed by the flour mixture from the first bowl. Add the chopped walnuts. Using a spatula, mix all the ingredients very well. However, do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the three loaf pans. Add some sesame seeds on the top of each pan and insert them within the oven. Let them bake for around 40 minutes. If you want to check whether the bread is ready or not, you can put a toothpick into one pan. If it comes out easily, the loaves are cooked to perfection.
- Take the loaf pans out of the oven and keep them aside so that they cool down. If you have a knife with a thin blade, put it in the edge of the pans to unmold each loaf. After that, cut it into your desired slices and indulge in pure bliss.
From each serving of this bread, you will get 330 calories, 2 gm of fiber, and 290 mg of sodium and 5 gm of protein. Besides, it will give about 36 gm of carbohydrates and 19.5 gm of fat, out of which 2.5 gm is saturated fat.
The fresh bread tastes yummy. With all the goodness of zucchini, it is healthy as well. You can serve it with a dollop of butter at the top of the bread or in a small bowl beside the loaves on the serving plate.