We all acknowledge the fact that vegetables are filled with nutrients and are really good for our health. However, most of us try and avoid them because apparently, they do not taste good. Moreover, when it comes to persuading your kids to eat fresh vegetables, it is no less than a challenging task. If the taste is not appealing enough, they will not eat. Therefore, being a responsible parent, you must try different ways and methods to make them eat vegetables. Zucchini is one such vegetable that is full of vital nutrients. It tastes pretty bland so most of us avoid eating it. Italian Sausage Stuffed Zucchini is a recipe that will completely transform its taste. We all love pizza and so there is no better way to eat zucchini than to make it taste like pizza. It is quite easy to prepare and tastes delicious.
Ingredients Of The Italian Sausage Stuffed Zucchini
- Four large zucchini, cut in halves.
- Two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Four chicken sausage links, thinly sliced
- Half cup of Italian breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Half cup of shredded fontina
- Two gloves of minced garlic
- ¼ cups of chopped fresh basil
Step By Step Italian Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Recipe
These zucchini boats with stuffed Italian sausage are a low carb dinner that will leave you wanting for more. Moreover, they taste lip-smacking and have the goodness of vegetables too. You can prepare them for your kids and even for your guests. This recipe will help you garner lots of praises and you can practically make it in no time. However, this recipe of Italian sausage stuffed zucchini will serve four people and takes around 35 minutes to cook.
- The first important step is to preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Moreover, score the zucchini, like how you dice an avocado and scoop out all the insides into a bowl.
- Take a large skillet and pour the extra virgin olive oil. Heat the oil over medium heat and then add the chicken sausage. However, keep cooking the chicken for six minutes, until it is seared.
- In the next step, transfer the chicken to a separate bowl and add the remaining ingredients of breadcrumbs, mozzarella, fontina, minced garlic, and chopped fresh basil.
- Give a nice mix to all the ingredients and make sure there is no lump. Moreover, take a spoonful of the mix and stuff it inside the scooped out zucchini. Moreover, you can top the stuffed zucchini with the remaining ¼ cups of mozzarella to give it a more fulfilling and authentic Italian taste.
- In the final step, put the stuffed zucchini inside the oven and leave it for baking. You have to continue baking until the zucchini has become soft and tender and the cheese has turned into a golden color.
- Take the Italian sausage stuffed zucchini out of the oven and serve it hot and fresh.