Morning breakfast is the best way to start your metabolism, and it should be as light as healthy granola with a bowl of milk. Granola is a comfort morning food stuffed with essential nutrients and healthy fiber. But, don’t expect the same effect if your granola is store-brought. Granolas brought from the supermarket are full of oil and unhealthy fats and contain a high amount of sugar. Therefore, if you wish to enjoy this comfort food in the mornings, then read this healthy granola recipe. You can make it easily at home with minimal effort!
Eat Healthy Granola To Start Your Day
Below are some homemade healthy granola recipes to enjoy every morning. The whole day you will feel energized, light, and enthusiastic. Also, there will be variations, so you will not be bored eating the same recipe every morning.
- Coconut Oil (Melted) – 1/2 Cup, Extra Virgin (You can use olive oil as well)
- Maple Syrup – 3/4 Cup, Pure
- Turbinado Sugar – 2 Tbsp.
- Kosher Salt – 1 Tsp.
- Rolled Oats – 3 Cups, Old-Fashioned
- Coconut Flakes – 1 Cup, Unsweetened
- Sunflower Seeds – 3/4 Cup, Raw
- Pumpkin Seeds – 3/4 Cup, Raw
- Start with preheating the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, line a large baking tray (rimmed) with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix maple syrup, oil, salt, and sugar.
- In the bowl, further add oats, sunflower seeds, coconut, and pumpkin seeds. Give all the right mix to coat all ingredients evenly.
- Now, spread this mixture of oats and other ingredients on the line baking tray and place it into the oven. Every 15 minutes, stir the mix with a spoon until the mixture is dry and oats are brown.
- The whole mixture will take at least 55 minutes to attain the brown color and get dry.
- Once it is all dried, completely cool it and pack it in an airtight jar.
Alter Your Healthy Granola Recipe
Well, you could be bored eating the same recipe over and over again in the morning. Therefore, alter your healthy granola recipe with simple steps explained below.
For Ginger Pecan Granola
For doing this variation, you will need to reduce the quality of sunflower seeds and omit pumpkin seeds. Instead, add 1 1 /2 cups of pecans and ½ tablespoon of ginger in it. Again, follow the same baking procedure, and your Ginger Pecan Granola is ready.
For Cumin Thyme Granola
To make cumin thyme granola, you will have to keep all the ingredients the same except coconut. In the place of coconut, add two tablespoons of cumin seeds and thyme leaves. You can also add a teaspoon of powdered cinnamon to enhance the flavor. Once you have combined the items, stir the mixture and place it in the oven for 55 minutes with continuous stirring every 15 minutes.