Are you running out of recipes you can use to make family gatherings more memorable? Are you worried about turning your parties into dull events because you can’t spice up your menu enough? Stop fussing about these worries now that you can count on this summer rice salad recipe with strawberries and halloumi as a part of your party menu.
This rice salad recipe is perfect for outdoor gatherings or a small dinner in a summer cabin with a few friends and family members. It does not only look good, but it’s also quite filling too, thanks to the rice-shaped pasta. But instead of rice, this pasta used chickpea flour. It can quickly become a party favorite, especially for the hosts, because the pasta is high in fiber, chewy, and quick to cook.
- 300 g Zeta rice-shaped pasta (chickpeas or regular rice)
- 4 tbsp capers
- 250 g Halloumi
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 100 g fresh strawberries
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g fresh or frozen (thawed) green peas
- 1 bunch radishes
- 70 g mache lettuce or baby spinach
Aside from the main rice salad recipe, you also need to prepare a separate set of ingredients for the herb vinaigrette, which include the following:
- 2 handfuls fresh basil and dill
- 1 spring onion
- 3 tbsp rose balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 100 ml olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
Directions in Preparing the Summer Rice Salad
1. Put the oven on “bake” and set it to 400°F.
2. In a large saucepan, add enough water to cook the rice.
3. Prepare the asparagus by removing the thickest part. Chop the rest of the asparagus into bite-sized pieces.
4. Put the chopped asparagus on a baking tray, then add capers.
5. Toss with a drizzle of olive oil and salt.
6. Cut the Halloumi lengthwise in half. Make criss-cross patterns on the cheese with a 1-cm cut before putting them on the baking tray.
7. Divide the lemon in half, then add to the baking tray.
8. Put the baking tray in the oven and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes. Wait until the asparagus is tender enough and the cheese grows golden with the cut opening up.
9. Prepare the herb vinaigrette. Chop herbs and onions into fine pieces, then put them in a jar. Add the vinegar and salt and pepper, as well as olive oil to the jar and shake it.
10. For the cooked rice, rinse it to remove the excess starch, then put it on a platter.
11. Add the peas and the mixed herb vinaigrette. Toss.
12. Slice the strawberries and cut the radishes thinly.
13. Add the radishes, strawberries, lettuce, asparagus, capers, and lemon wedges as toppings for the rice.
14. Put the halloumi cheese and drizzle the rest of the vinaigrette.
15. Serve and enjoy!
This summer rice salad is definitely eye-catching with its mix of green, red, and whitish colors. Impress your guests so you will have them asking for more using this recipe.