Choosing the items for the dinner is probably one of the most difficult tasks for a home-cook. Moreover, it becomes more difficult when you are a novice cook and don’t know how to recreate dishes in your style. Go through the recipes of these 2 easy-to-cook and tasty dishes for your dinner.
Kidney Bean Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
If you are looking for some vegan dinner item full of fiber, protein, and lots of flavors, then you must try these kidney bean stuffed sweet potatoes. The ingredients you need are 4 large sweet potatoes, ½ cup of greek yogurt, ½ tablespoon of cashew paste, ½ teaspoon black pepper powder, 1 tablespoon of ginger garlic paste, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, ½ red onion finely chopped, ½ red onion in small dices, ¼ teaspoon of cajun spice powder, 1.5 tablespoons of mustard oil, 1/4th teaspoon of cumin seeds, ¼ teaspoon of red chili powder, 1 medium cup of boiled kidney beans, and salt to taste.
- Pre-heat a mud oven (tandoor) or a simple oven to 360 degrees F.
- Take skewers and place oil-greased sweet potatoes on them and bake them in the tandoor for 15-20 minutes. In the case of a normal oven, put sweet potatoes on a greased baking tray and bake them for 55 minutes.
- In a bowl, take greek yogurt, lemon juice, black pepper, half a tablespoon of ginger garlic paste. Whisk them and keep them aside.
- Take the sweet potatoes out of the oven and scoop out some flesh inside the potatoes on a plate.
- Heat oil in a skillet and add chopped onions and saute until they become translucent. Add all the spices, stir them and add boiled kidney beans, taken out sweet potato flesh, and cook them together. After 10 minutes, switch the flame off and keep it aside.
- Now, take those hollowed sweet potatoes and stuff that kidney bean mixture evenly. Spread the greek yogurt sauce on the potatoes, garnish with chopped coriander, and diced onions. Sprinkle the cajun spice powder on them and serve.
One-pot Spinach And Mutton Paya Soup
This dish is not only very delicious but also very healthy and boosts your immunity in winters. In the ingredients, take 500g of mutton trotters, 2 tablespoons of ginger-garlic paste, 3 chopped green chilies, 2 large chopped onions, 4 diced tomatoes, 4 cups coarsely chopped spinach, 1.5 cups of green peas, 2 cups of diced carrots, 3 tablespoons of mustard oil, ½ teaspoon red chili powder, ½ teaspoon of cumin seeds, ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder, ½ teaspoon of all-spice powder.
- In a pot, add mutton trotters, water, salt, turmeric powder, half quantity of ginger-garlic paste, and half quantity of onions. Boil it until they become tender.
- Meanwhile, blanch the spinach and keep it aside. In a heavy-bottom pan, add oil, cumin seeds, onion, tomatoes, peas, spinach, carrots, ginger-garlic paste, and spices. Cook them together, add trotters and mutton stock along with water.
- Give it a boil and serve hot.
- If you feel the oil is extra in mutton soup, take it out when soup is ready.
- In bean sweet potatoes, use sour cream if you are not vegan.
Preparing dinner is all about your creativity and playing with the ingredients. So, try as many different combinations of ingredients as you can.